Friday, April 13, 2012

Upselling?

So right now at work we are being ranked.... -_____- and it's based on our beverage sales (average per guest), how many positive survey responses we get and how many people we get to sign up for their frequent vistor/loyalty cards.

First of all 2 of the 3 things, are things that people do at home....just because you give someone the tools to do something doesn't mean they'll do it.

But the third thing is beverage sales...I understand that they want to increase sales but some people just really want water. My family always gets waters when we go to a restaurant. But they want us to push beverage sales and try to get them higher by upselling. So basically they want me to come up and say "do you want to start of with this drink, or this drink, or this drink." I think that is sooooo annoying. I HATE when people do it to me. So I hate doing it to other people. Or when you say that you a want a certain drink and then they ask "are you sure you don't want to try this drink." I just don't like it. If you really want to increase your beverage sales offer freckled lemonade samples. Your beverage sales will boost.

1 comment:

  1. Rach - I LOVE the idea of the free samples!! I totally agree, all it takes is a little taste and I think a lot of people would buy it. And now that I know you blog, I am following you. :-) Me blogs too!! haha...xoxo...

    ReplyDelete